Friday, September 25, 2009

History: Sometimes Its Happening Right Now

I was browsing around yesterday, reading blog posts from those I admire and follow, and I found this over in one of the most random places possible. I can't thank the creator of Random Picture Day enough for making life on the web a little more fun. Click over. The whole thing will fill your Friday with joy!

Without further ado I offer you history in the making. Not since George Washington shook hands with John Paul Jones have we seen this:

Not just the leader of the free world, but a guy who is not only brave enough to talk like a pirate, but to talk to one as well.

Happy Friday, Brethren. Check back tomorrow for Sailor Mouth Saturday.

6 comments:

WasABuc said...

Or, to actually BE a pirate of the first order....stealing, pillaging, making love to dictators & thugs around the world.

Usurper in Chief.

Pauline said...

Ahoy WasABuc! To crib a line from Lisa Simpson: "Ooo! A charged political debate... I feel like a Kennedy!"

Timmy! said...

Ahoy, Pauline! Is that one of the "Pirate Guys"? That picture is too funny (even if I do agree with WasABuc on Obama's policies)...

Pauline said...

Ahoy Timmy! Nope. I don't think that's Cap'n Slappy or Old Chumbucket. Looks more like Captain Feathersword from "The Wiggles", frankly.

wiec? said...

Ahoy Pauline. thanks for checking out my random pics. drop by anytime.

and i think everyone can agree that having a President willing to make time to talk to a guy who's the night manager at Red Lobster is a step in the right direction and a refreshing change of pace.

Pauline said...

Ahoy wiec?! I'm thrilled to have you stop by! And yes, I could not agree with you more. That's the spirit that our country was founded on.